Ontario EcoCentres certification is one way centres can demonstrate their commitment to sustainable practices and environmentally-balanced behaviour. Annual certification is an optional culminating task for Active Members in the Ontario EcoCentres Network.
Should you choose to pursue certification, your centre needs to:
1. Download and review the 2012/13 Ontario EcoCentres Certification Guidelines.
2. Submit an online Statement of Intent.
3. Monitor and report on activities at your centre based on the EcoCentres Certification questions.
4. Regularly participate in Ontario EcoCentres Network activities and events.
5. Compile a certification portfolio.
6. Upload your certification application and portfolio online.
8. Submit your online Verification Statement to indicate that you are ready to be assessed.
Statements of Intent and Completed Certification Applications are accepted and reviewed quarterly on October 30, February 28, April 30 and July 30.
Centres are certified for the year in which they submit a completed application. For example - If a centre submits an application in October 2013 for 2013, they can submit again in February 2014 for 2014, if they wish.